PDA

View Full Version : 42FT TWIN DIESEL SPORTFISHER (danville / san ramon) $55000

Boating Classifieds
03-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Chris Craft Commander Sport Fisher 42 ft low hours 1969 model all fiberglass. Twin Detroit 8V53 Diesels. She didn't enter service until 1979 instead beimg stored in a warehouse on Long Island due to the original purchaser passing away shortly before delivery. It was then that she was purchased by the individiual I purchased her from and shipped out to San Diego where I purchased her 1n 1991. This sport fisher is a timeless beauty in excellant condition, loaded with all options including top of the line Auto pilot, GPS map plotter , 48 mile radar, color fish finders,, 7.5 KW Onan, 12/24 volt DC ship's power, 60 and 20 amp all electronic shore chargers, new 4D and 8D batteries, etc etc. She has a galley up layout with 3 burner electric cooktop and oven, 8 cuft AC/DC refrig/freezer/microwave/stainless sink with hot/cold on demand water, 2staterooms forward, one master with v berths the other midships with bunk beds. Both staterooms have built in storage cabinets and large enclosed closets. Both are private with doors. Also midships on the port side is a bathroom with full size enclosed shower. Freshwater capacity is 150 gallons in stainless tank, 10 gallon hot water heater and 300 gallons diesel tanks. This hull is literally destruction proof. No blister problems ever. Kept in fresh water covered berth 70% of time and salt water (Santa Cruz) 30% of time . Engines run great with low hours SMOH. Only 9 of the diesel options on this model were ever produced probably due to the price tag and cheap gas in the late sixties early seventies. Another 80 gas version cousins were produced during the model's 4 year production run from 68 to 72. Original invoice price on the boat in 69 was $89,000. The latest survey has a replacement cost of $350,000. BUC Books has a current value of $74,000. . The fiberglass Commander Sportfisher series is highly sought after and is held in high regard by marine surveyors and sportfishermen alike. There is no wood in the stringers ,cabin sides and top, forward deck or stern making wood rot in the structual sections of the boat a non existent. The lines make it appear as if she's a 80's/90's model. I am constantly being ask by other boaters details about her and wanting to come aboard.
Here's the deal, After running up and down the CA coast for 18 years and getting our kid's off to college we are ready for a different adventure. What we want to do is explore North America and Parts of Mexico by motorhome towing a trailable fishing boat like a Grady White, Wellcraft or Boston Whaler behind us. So we are going to sell her or trade for a class A diesel pusher. Ideally the MH must be at least 34 feet to 37 feet in length, a quality name and in good to excellant condition. If I were to sell her outright I am asking $55,000. Additional pictures on request.
Call Paul @ 925 948-5197 or email me if interested. Please serious inquiries only.

More... (http://www.excelcredit.com/news/out.php?url=http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/1066310029.html)